Got Covid? Had to close? Lost income?

If you or one of your dependents have caught covid which means you are unable to work, then you could be eligible for a £500 “test & trace” payment.

You are eligible if:

  • you’re employed or self-employed
  • you, or a child you’re the parent or guardian of, has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), or been told you or the child are a close contact by NHS Test and Trace
  • you cannot work from home and will lose income by self-isolating or staying at home to care for the child
  • you’re not exempt from self-isolating

The £500 does constitute TAXABLE income, so it must be included in your tax return if you’re self employed. If you’re employed, the tax will be collected through your tax code.

You can apply for the payment if you meet all of the following conditions:

  • you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 or been told you’re a close contact by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app
  • you’re not exempt from self-isolating
  • you’ll lose income because you cannot work from home

You can be either employed or self-employed.

You or the partner you live with must get one of the following benefits:

  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit

You must have given NHS Test and Trace the information they’ve asked for, and have a NHS Test and Trace account ID.

To Apply

You apply through your local council and those local to Peterborough can apply through this link

You must apply within 42 days of the 1st day of your isolation.

LeeP Accountants

Helping you keep more of your money